Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing #3 Skype's The Limit

Have talked all around Skype for years. Never had anyone far enough away who was interested. Have now seen it in use enough times at conferences that I know I need to know how. And now I have some long distance reasons for using as well. My daughter is finally going to have internet at home (another benefit of marriage) and my sister is getting a new computer, so not only will we share pictures, we will be able to converse!

So I downloaded it to my work PC. No problems. Then I started reading... and reading ... and reading...

I have to find my headset...in the back of my mind I knew that, but I don't where I put it and I can't get one from the office this week...so...


Headphone means I have to use the audio part of my computer and we have had less than a stellar relationship. For some reason, audio, headphones, and recording are not my strong suit. BUT I am determined to make this work...and not just work sporadically!

I would prefer to have someone who already has successfully set it up and used it show me what to do, but that is not always possible in the 2.0 world so I am going to try to get this going on my own! The perfect setting would be two of us sitting next to each other talking to each other from Skype until I "get it!" (Remember I learned email by sending one and then walking across the hall to see my friend received it!)

And yes, I will do it on my MAC as well, but my work PC has way more support should I mess something up. My MAC is still new enough, I want to get the bugs outta my brain before playing on it.

In the meantme, if you are willing to be the other half of my practice team, let me know, and when I find my headphone, we can take dip in Skype!


P.S. So here goes ANOTHER Thing half-done. This is not the trend I intended to set with my visit to the beach. Stay tuned...I'll load up the ice chest, get some more suncreen and be back to work on the sandcastles.


Credits:
Skype symbol from site

Character from Microsoft Clipart

2 comments: