Sunday, June 28, 2009

Thing #2 Glogster, Hanging by a Voice Thread

I REALLY want to learn about Glogster and Voice Thread and I just can't seem to string enough uninterrupted time together to get far enough in either one to get the job done.

I want to create a Glogster to overlay our Curriculum wiki opening screen and jazz it up a bit. It is not the concept of what to do that is getting in my way. I really do understand how to do it, but between the zillion choices that I HAD to go thru and all the color changes I insisted needed to occur, I kept forgetting there is no way to save a partially made Glogster...it is either all or nothing!! Grrr.

Tonight I decided to move onto Voice Thread. I created an account and then carefully re-registered for an educational account because I thought I saw where a basic k-12 account was free. However, after filing out several information sheets and getting the email that signified I was accepted, every time I tried to move forward to actually creating something, I kept getting a pop up asking for $60 dollars!!

So I quit that also...for now! I will try again to see exactly how I went from free to 60 in less than 6 minutes! A challenge for another day. I am only temporarily defeated.


photo credit: by JunCTionS in Flickr CC

3 comments:

  1. Hi - you can actually save an uncompleted glog. When you hit "Save and Publish", select "private" and you can go back to complete the glog whenever you wish. Many of our users go back several times before sharing with others. Call 888-GLOGS4U if you have any questions. Thanks - Andrew Connelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You rate! Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete