Sunday, August 9, 2009

Thing #10: A Second Chance at Second Life

I entered Second Life under pretty controlled conditions about a year and a half ago because of an event I was attending. It wasn't easy for me to do, but I managed to create a very basic character and managed to do 3 trips into SL with specific locations given me.

This weekend I dusted off my account, took my character named Maribelle Jaxxon out of mothballs, downloaded the software onto my new computer, but only after I kept getting a message that my browser couldn't handle the site I was trying to visit, and went for a walk to the visit the virtual Alamo.

It was an interesting, although lonely visit. No one was around today anywhere I went around the place. I still have not mastered the controls and therefore, did not fly today. I did a little jumping, but no sitting. Some things never change!

I visited Second Life in Education for some more information about the Alamo site and other interesting sites like The Weather Channel, Ancient Rome, the Language Lab for ESL students and so many more I can't listen them! You just need to go visit for yourself.

I would like to go an adventure with others, especially if they are moe skilled in details. Maybe like some of the other Things I have been thru this summer, I'll find a willing participant and we can have some virtual fun. Heck, I might even spend the time finding a new outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment