Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thing #2 More Notes...

This beach blog is truly an exercise in learning and sharing...I am all over the place working on this and that and getting information and ideas from various places and people, and trying to answer questions posed in comments or asked thru emails. My head is spinning, but I LOVE it....there are so many good ideas flying around about how to use all of these image generators!

I have seen two Voice Thread examples...one I could comment on because I was invited to do so and one that was embedded and I wanted to comment, but couldn't...but neither one mentioned being asked for $60 so I am ready to go after that resource again.

The Glogster folks have been monitoring my struggles (without me asking) and sent me a help line and even congratulated me upon my successful piece! A little bit Big Brother-ish, but I am so impressed they want their Thing to be successful that they want to help!  Have you seen all these school examples?

I was contacted by one beachcomber who was having trouble emailing a bookr...so I went into the archives and emailed one from there to myself with no problems. I am hoping the email issue was temporary. Has anyone else had email issues with bookr? Were you finally successful?

Also, the issue of using flickr pix based on tags...if you uploaded your own photos and used a unique tag, could you make a personlized bookr that way? Has anyone thought about this or better, tried it?

I am including the archived bookr sample here just because the photography is so beautiful and the message a good example of some nice writing I think... 
YES, it is a beach theme. Yes, I'm a little obsessed with the theme....and all the rest...does that make me a Blog Bum?






P.S. An issue that we have been working thru over at the 23 Things playground is the hiding avatars! If you have noticed, your Yahoo avatar is not showing. There is an issue with the html code. The work around is to go back to the avatar site and save your avatar as a picture (jpg file) then go to your blog layout screen and save it using a picture gadget, not html!


No comments:

Post a Comment